Roadpod provides Australia’s transportation and logistics industries the most efficient, cost-effective containerised system for manufacturing plants and freight distribution, by quickly and easily converting trucks and utility trailers into multi-use vehicles.
1. Context & Challenge
Roadpod approached us to design and develop an entirely new website, giving an outside perspective on their business. They understand the business, products and everything there's to know.
Project Goals and Objectives - Why a new site?
This becomes the problem they noticed, the message of how the product works and can benefit their customer was being lost in the old website, through poor layout, excessive text and confusing navigation. We aimed to look at their business and website from a new angle and offer a custom and engaging experience for their customers.
A few key reasons stood out during our discovery process;
- They required a clear focus and straightforward way to get into contact with the Roadpod team. Doing this increased conversion rates, since customers could easily ask questions and seek quotes effortlessly.
- One page to see the range of products on offer.
- An interactive 3D Roadpod building tool - to allow customers to visualise how the Roadpod would look, function and work with modular components.
2. The Process
When doing new or refreshing existing websites, we have an initial meeting with every client in person. Ideally the whole team, as this captures more ideas, concerns and feedback, as your team knows your business well. We listen, we hear what is working, what isn’t and what your customers have said they’ve had issues with or wished your site could offer. eg. Booking online, availability, easier contact methods, quick quotes, and more. This is when we discuss timelines and achievables.
We then take this away with us, brainstorm, focus on ways to funnel customers through the site more efficiently. We research your competitors and what is already being done currently. This is then taken to make your website plan, sitemap and strategy to make your business stand out and perform better than any one else’s site.
Feedback is crucial. So when presenting the website plan to your business, we then take additional feedback and concerns before the site development begins. Usually websites have between 3-7 reviews before being ready to publish. We strive for the most modern and professional sites for our clients. Sites that not only perform but help drive your business forward.
3. The Results
Since launching the new website for Roadpod, they have;
- Been able to easily add, change and remove products on their site
- Communicate and understand clearly their customer requirements
- A site that is easier to update text and images on, with no plugin clashing or maintenance issues for the client
- Educating the customers on how Roadpod works
See the before and after examples below, with reasoning behind the changes - a glimpse of how we think different.
Roadpod Models/Products Page
If you are looking for a new website or just a refreshed design, contact us today to get started.